This jalapeno bacon cheese ball is perfectly creamy, rolled in crunchy bacon, and topped off with green onions and salty pecans. It’s the perfect holiday appetizer and filled with SO much flavor!
This cheese ball has the perfect combination of creaminess and spice. A few more yummy recipes to try are these bacon jalapeno poppers, cheeseburger stuffed jalapeno poppers, or jalapeno popper dip. They’re cheesy and delicious with the best amount of heat!
Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball
There’s a reason cheese balls are always a hit at any party. They’re creamy, soft, perfectly dippable, and have the best flavor! Jalapeno poppers are one of my all-time favorite appetizers, so naturally, I had to try it in cheese ball form. Let me tell you, it does not disappoint!
Even if you’re not a huge fan of spice, you’ll love this recipe! The jalapenos give it just the right amount of kick. The cream cheese also helps to cool down the jalapeños. Trust me, one taste of this jalapeno bacon cheese ball and you’ll be hooked. This is a true holiday appetizer that is perfect for your holiday parties this season! Everyone is going to go crazy over it.
Ingredients Needed for a Jalapeno Cheese Ball
This jalapeno bacon cheeseball is hands-down one of the best appetizers I have ever had! This cheese ball is everything good about jalapeno poppers in one easy-to-make recipe. You won’t be able to get enough! Oh but let’s not forget the bacon! Everything’s better with bacon and this cheese ball is full of it, inside and out! This is the ultimate cheese ball and I know it will be a hit wherever you take it! Note: exact measurements can be found below in the recipe card.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is softened so it mixes together nicely with the other ingredients.
- Jalapeños: I chopped mine into small pieces and removed any seeds to keep them from being too hot.
- Cheddar Cheese: You can’t go wrong with shredded cheddar! You can also use shredded Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, or Mexican blend cheese for this recipe.
- Bacon: I like to use pre-cooked bacon for easy prep.
- Green Onions: Chopped green onions add the perfect pop of savory flavor to this jalapeno bacon cheese ball.
- Seasoning Salt: To pack each bite with flavor! Use prepackaged seasoning salt or make your own blend using my quick and easy recipe here.
- Garlic: Minced garlic adds the perfect savory flavor to the cheese ball.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds an extra pop of flavor.
- Cumin: Adds a little earthy spice.
- Pecans: You’ll want these to be coarsely chopped so they coat the outside of the cheese ball evenly.
How to Make a Jalapeño and Bacon Cheese Ball
A delicious cheese ball packed with bacon and jalapeños. It doesn’t get any better than that! And did I mention that it comes together in a snap? 15 minutes and just a few simple steps of mixing and shaping will give you this knockout appetizer.
- Combine Ingredients: In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, half of the jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, green onions, seasoning salt, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin until fully incorporated.
- Coat: On a large plate, combine the other half of the bacon, jalapeños, and pecans. Then shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball and roll it onto the plate to coat.
- Chill and Serve: Cover with saran wrap and chill for an hour before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Forming Your Cheese Ball
When rolling cheese balls, I find it easiest to transfer the mixture onto a section of Saran Wrap. Then pull the corners together and twist them to easily form a ball with minimal mess. Roll your cheese ball on the counter to help form the shape. Then finish shaping it with your hands. To remove the cheese ball, you can either cut the wrap at the base of the twist, or simply untwist it and transfer to a serving dish.
Tips for Making the Perfect Cheese Ball
As simple as this recipe may be, here are a few tips and tricks to hone your cheese ball-making skills. Once your friends and family get a taste, they will want to know what your secret is.
- Use Softened Cream Cheese: Before you make your cheese ball, leave your cream cheese on the counter to soften. This will usually take about one hour.
- More Mix-Ins: Feel free to add in more of your favorite mix-ins! A few of my favorites are walnuts, sliced almonds, crushed crackers, Chex mix, candied pecans, and other cheese variations. (Shredded pepper jack is great for adding more kick!)
- Use Freshly Grated Cheese: When shredding cheese make sure to not use pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese doesn’t stick well to things. Freshly grated cheese will also have better flavor.
- Adjust Recipe: Be sure to double to recipe for a larger party or make multiple smaller cheese balls to go around the table. (Cheese ball bites are also a great option for finger food!)
What to Serve With Your Cheese Ball
Vegetables, crackers, and bread are my go-to dipping snacks. They add extra flavor and the perfect texture when dipping into this jalapeño bacon cheese ball. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- Sliced Bell Peppers: Great for adding color to your serving tray! They taste great, too.
- Bread: Usually a harder bread that is sliced and chunked. Try crostini!
- Carrots: Baby carrots are the perfect size and shape for dipping.
- Crackers: I always go for salty, buttery crackers like Ritz.
- Pita Chips: These have the BEST crunch and are extra thick so you can load up each chip with plenty of dip!
- Pretzels: Go with the bigger, flatter ones that are easier to dip.
This jalapeno bacon cheese ball always gets devoured in what feels like seconds at my house. Leftovers are never a thing! (I wish they were, this would make the best snack for Netflix marathons!) If you’re lucky enough to have some of your cheese ball left over, here’s how to keep it tasting fresh.
- In the Refrigerator: Store your cheese ball in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for 3-4 days. Allow to come to room temperature before serving so it’s nice and soft!
Can You Freeze a Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Ball?
Yes! It makes it easy to plan ahead for the holidays or other occasions. To prepare it for the freezer, make the cheese ball and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then place it in a freezer-safe bag. Store the coating separately. Allow to thaw in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together cream cheese, half of the jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, green onions, seasoning salt, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin until fully incorporated.
On a large plate combine other half of the bacon, jalapeños, and pecans. Shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball and roll it onto the plate to coat well.
Cover with saran wrap and chill for an hour before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Originally posted on December 8, 2014
Calories131kcal (7%)Carbohydrates2g (1%)Protein5g (10%)Fat12g (18%)Saturated Fat4g (20%)Cholesterol20mg (7%)Sodium355mg (15%)Potassium74mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A158IU (3%)Vitamin C5mg (6%)Calcium72mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
#Jalapeño #Bacon #Cheese #Ball #Recipe